Grow that Hair
Surefire tips to get those tresses growing.
- Get enough sleep — 7 to 9 hours a day, at least, will help prevent hair loss.
- Eat right and get some exercise.
- Cut back on smoking.
- Refrain from drinking caffeine-rich drinks and carbonated sodas.
- Avoid food high in fat or sugar content.
- Handle your hair with care. Brush and comb gently.
- Avoid subjecting your hair to too much heat. Limit your usage of hair tools such as blow-dryers, crimpers and other heat-generating tools, so as not to cause unnecessary stress. Refrain from washing your hair with hot water.
- Eat healthy. Veer away from sugar and fat-loaded food.
- Load up on essential vitamins and minerals. Defficiency in certain nutrients weaken the hair.
- To stimulate hair follicles, go for a scalp massage from time to time.
- Protect your hair shaft with hot oil treatments.